Wall was platted in 1907 when the Chicago and North Western Railroad was extended to that point. The town was incorporated in 1908. Wall was named for the “natural wall” in rock formations by the Badlands National Park.
The town is most famous for the Wall Drug Store, which opened as a small pharmacy in 1931 during the Depression, but eventually developed into a large roadside tourist attraction.
The National Grasslands Visitor Center is also located in Wall.
Master Class Workshop
NPPE Master Class Workshop